Canadian Oil Sands
Helping an oil sands plant build a culture and capability for Great Operations
Context and Challenge
- SAGD oil sands project at the start of its production life.
- Critical strategic investment with inconsistent performance in the areas of production, fuel gas efficiency, product quality and safety.
- Seeking to achieve operational excellence from the start by implementing strong processes, systems and a high performance culture.
- Need to deliver results today to demonstrate rapid return on investment and build capability and performance culture for future expansion.
- Comprehensive operational excellence implementation program focused on HSE, production optimization, maintenance & reliability, integrity, and operations leadership.
- Client-led program supported by Evolve.
- Develop a core tool set to drive performance through the action teams including DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, Wrench-Time Productivity and Performance Management (Management Systems, Effective Meetings, Area Scorecard, Loss Management and Short-Interval Control).
- Supported leaders through the business develop new behaviors and capabilities in order to use new processes and tools to drive performance.
- Program helped client achieve better results faster, which created significant real cash flow benefits of at least 25:1 return.
"The program was a great success but what's really great is that not only have changes stuck since the Evolve team left, but we're carrying on making more changes and more improvements."
~ Operational Excellence Program Shift Coach