Helping a complex oil & gas plant go from good to great
Context and Challenge
- World-scale LNG plant.
- Good performance since commissioning, wanting to move towards world-class.
- Recognized need to change leadership orientation from "stewardship" to driving performance.
- Identified five improvement themes including Reliability, Major Equipment Availability and Process Optimization.
- Detailed process analysis identified how each contributed to achievement of overall stretching business goal.
- Key tools of FMEA, Value Stream Mapping and Process Capability Analysis identified opportunities and highlighted shift in management behavior required to move performance.
- Process gains underpinned by training and coaching in leadership (leading self, leading others, leading teams, leading change) and management (root cause analysis, action logs, meeting effectiveness, RACI matrices etc.).
"Evolve's coaching has helped my people to address real business issues in a way that has added value while building their capability and confidence. I appreciate Evolve's ability to coach me and my senior team as well as employees at the shop-floor level—and link those interventions to drive business improvement."
~ President and CEO LNG company