Helping a complex oil & gas plant go from good to great
Context and Challenge
- World-scale LNG plant.
- Good performance since commissioning, wanting to move towards world-class.
- Recognized need to change leadership orientation from "stewardship" to driving performance.
- Identified five improvement themes including Reliability, Major Equipment Availability and Process Optimization.
- Detailed process analysis identified how each contributed to achievement of overall stretching business goal.
- Key tools of FMEA, Value Stream Mapping and Process Capability Analysis identified opportunities and highlighted shift in management behavior required to move performance.
- Process gains underpinned by training and coaching in leadership (leading self, leading others, leading teams, leading change) and management (root cause analysis, action logs, meeting effectiveness, RACI matrices etc.).
"Working with a team of dynamic people toward a set goal leads to success. I have learned that change brings fear, but not changing can be more scary."
~ Communications Team Leader