Oil and Gas Terminal
Terminal Transformation - Engaging People to Energize a Key Facility
Context and Challenge
- A thirty-year-old facility required step-change improvements in reliability, performance and morale.
- The terminal faced challenges stemming from a variety of organizational issues.
- Employees were not always collaborating in an effective manner, and organizational issues often prevented efficient execution of business plans.
- The facility and the people that made it work required revitalizing through improved systems, processes and leadership skills.
- The goal was to bring the terminal's culture into alignment with their aspirational values statement, which call for "treating everyone with respect and dignity, striving for mutual advantage and contributing to human progress."
- Evolve worked with the terminal's management to define the scope of the engagement, train and develop an internal program team and craft a vision for improvement.
- Over a nine-week period, Evolve developed a program team made up of client employees and contractors to identify areas to be addressed and to gather data to establish the current-state performance baselines against which improvements would be measured.
- A change program was created and branded under the tagline "Terminal Transformation: The Gateway to Our Success."
"Evolve's coaching has helped my people to address real business issues in a way that has added value while building their capability and confidence. I appreciate Evolve's ability to coach me and my senior team as well as employees at the shop-floor level—and link those interventions to drive business improvement."
~ President and CEO LNG company