Shale Gas Play
Driving performance and well delivery accountability through improved integrated planning, scheduling and execution
Context and Challenge
- Newly acquired shale development as key part of company’s growth strategy in emerging shale region
- Challenge to integrate new organization and rapidly maximize value and return on asset investment
- Performance not on track to deliver plan
- Significant challenges with cross functional coordination, contractor HSE performance, lease status, regulatory interface, integrated activity planning, tactical pad delivery, and midstream coordination
- Asset-wide well delivery targets were neither visible nor tracked in an effective means to understand status
- Integrated approach working with cross-functional leadership team at asset head office and field-based construction and operations teams
- Mapped end-to-end well / pad delivery process including complex regulatory interfaces and critical handover points
- Developed well-by-well status dashboard with pad-specific milestone tracking, by function.
- Deployment of Lean Pad Delivery framework and tool-kit in the field to improve facility construction cycle times, safety, and delivery costs
"For me, Evolve reaffirmed the need for people to have a purpose and to align individuals with the team. It takes more than a great process to get results; it takes people who are switched on and who see the difference they can make."
~ Operations Performance Unit Leader