US Onshore Gas
Helping onshore gas producer achieve sustainable cost reduction in onshore gas through Lean
Context and Challenge
- Strategic, top-quartile asset of large multi-national oil & gas client looking to achieve significant step change in cost and efficiency performance in onshore gas asset. Historic issues with plant performance: many unplanned outages, high unit cost, HSE concerns.
- Needed to deliver immediate cost savings while building capability to ensure sustainability
- Strong desire to build internal capability for Lean.
- Recognized lack of capability and process to pull the right levers, particularly to achieve a sustainable shift in cost position.
- Business case delivering 7% OPEX reduction and 1% production enhancement through equipment availability and wrench-time productivity.
- Program cash neutral (self-funding) in just over one quarter of delivery, with significant cash benefits over 12 months.
"The program was a great success but what's really great is that not only have changes stuck since the Evolve team left, but we're carrying on making more changes and more improvements."
~ Operational Excellence Program Shift Coach